CORe Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of CORe. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership for anyone who violates these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others.
- Don't post commercial or self-promotional business messages in any community, resource library entry, or other areas where others might see it.
- Don't post publicly, or send private messages inviting members to non-UPCEA events, surveys, or webinars which have not been approved by the community administrator.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several posts or libraries with the same message.
- You may not use the Member Directory to collect list(s) for selling of products, services, or aforementioned list(s).
- You must provide full disclosure when making a post regarding third-party products, services, or commercial materials which you have a direct interest in selling. Please make note in your post or message (if it is not apparent) that you are a paid consultant, get commission, or receive any other personal gains from aforementioned provider of products and services.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only post a message to the entire thread when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of UPCEA. UPCEA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by UPCEA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall UPCEA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants UPCEA and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
UPCEA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of UPCEA we will take all appropriate action.
UPCEA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
By using CORe, you agree that you have read and will continue to follow these guidelines.